Refugee Legal is one of the leading providers in Australia of education and training in all aspects of Australia’s refugee and immigration program. We focus on professional training and development, and community education.
Professional Training and Development
CPD Series dates for 2019
- 30 and 31 October 2019
Download October 2019 CPD Series Flyer
Overview of Professional Training and Development program
For almost two decades, Refugee Legal has been one of the largest providers of training and professional development activities for migration agents and lawyers. Refugee Legal is highly experienced in delivering education and training in all aspects of Australia’s refugee and immigration programs, and is a registered provider of MARA- approved CPD activities. Our key programs are delivered by some of Australia’s leading practitioners in the field. They include:
- Continuing Professional Development Seminars
- Refugee Legal offers a program series of CPD seminars every two months, commencing in February each year. Each series carries 12 MARA CPD points
- We offer a wide range of topics to meet the individual needs of both commercial and not-for-profit agents. Seminars are presented by senior Refugee Legal solicitors, specialist legal practitioners, barristers and tribunal members, all of whom bring with them a high degree of knowledge, expertise and practical experience in their fields
Community information forums
Refugee Legal provides an extensive range of community information forums on a wide range of topics. We seek to develop knowledge, build capacity and raise awareness by:
- providing information sessions and presentations to community groups
- providing advice and training to community organisations and workers, and community groups
- providing guest lectures on refugee and migration law and policy at some of Australia’s leading universities
- hosting law students or law graduates on placements and internships, and
- presentation of speeches at public forums.
To request a guest speaker or arrange a forum for your group/workplace, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training program for non-lawyers
Our key programs are delivered by some of Australia’s leading practitioners in the field. They include:
- Full or half day training programs for non-legal professionals on Australia refugee and migration legal and processing frameworks’ and
- Workshops for legal and non-legal professionals on specific issues tailored to required needs.
To keep up-to-date about events and training sessions, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our e-newsletter.