Employment opportunity at Refugee Legal
Fundraising administrator – application close 5.00pm Friday 9 November.
Overview of organisation
Refugee Legal is an independent community legal centre specialising in refugee and immigration law, policy and practice. Refugee Legal has been assisting asylum seekers, refugees and disadvantaged migrants in the community and in detention for over 30 years and has substantial casework experience and expertise. Refugee Legal’s work involves provision of key legal assistance to people who could not otherwise obtain it due to financial and other forms of distinct disadvantage often related to their cultural or linguistically diverse backgrounds or experiences of torture or trauma. Refugee Legal also conducts extensive law reform, advocacy and education programs.
The fundraising administrator works closely with the management team and is a significant contributor to Refugee Legal’s fundraising activities.
The core responsibilities of this role are to:
- Provide high-level administration support in relation to fundraising, events and activities; and
- Ensure efficient processing, receipting and acknowledgment of all donation transactions, including maintaining our Etapestry donor database.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the management team on Refugee Legal fundraising appeals.
- Ensuring all donors are appropriately thanked for their gifts in a timely manner.
- Entering data into the ETapestry database and maintaining accurate records of donations, donors’ personal information, reports sent and any other data (both electronic and paper) relating to fundraising.
- Generating reports, as required, on fundraising campaigns, appeals performance, donor activity and numbers, acquisition and renewal, donor upgrading, and fundraising income.
- Assisting with the writing of reports and other materials to provide feedback to donors.
- Managing contacts with donors and potential donors.
- Provide administration support for fundraising events.
- To manage supplies of fundraising materials including liaising with printers, graphic designers etc. as necessary.
Download full Position Description that includes Key Selection Criteria.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your CV and your responses to the selection criteria, found in the position description, by 5.00pm on Friday 9 November. Applications should be addressed to “The Executive Director”, marked “Private & Confidential”, and sent by email to email@example.com, using the subject line: Fundraising Administrator application via website.