For People in Australia
Refugee Legal Afghanistan Hotline: call 9413 0166 – 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Refugee Legal information Sheets:
Subclass 449 Visa Holders
- Legal assistance for subclass 449 visa holders from Afghanistan to apply for permanent visas (English)
- Legal assistance for subclass 449 visa holders from Afghanistan to apply for permanent visas (Dari)
- Information about Refugee and Humanitarian (Class XB) visas for people evacuated from Afghanistan who hold a subclass 449 visas (English).
- Information about Refugee and Humanitarian (Class XB) visas for people evacuated from Afghanistan who hold a subclass 449 visas (Dari).
People impacted by the crisis in Afghanistan
- Legal assistance for people impacted by the crisis in Afghanistan (Dari)
- Legal assistance for people impacted by the crisis in Afghanistan (English)
Other Free Legal Help in Australia
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) (VIC): Call (03) 9252 2534 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- RACS (NSW): Telephone advice: Monday – Friday 10am – 1pm or 2pm – 4pm on (02) 8355 7227 or email email@example.com with your name and phone number and they will call you back
- IARC (NSW): Call (02) 8234 0700
- RAILS (QLD): Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on (07) 3846 9300
- Circle Green (WA): Call (08) 6148 3636
- RASSA (SA): https://rassa.org.au/
- TRLS (TAS): Call (03) 6169 9473 email email@example.com
For people seeking a referral to a private fee charging lawyer for legal assistance please contact our Refugee Legal Afghanistan Hotline.
For People in Afghanistan
- Awaaz Afghanistan
A humanitarian helpline that connects Afghans (IDPs, returnees) and refugees affected by conflict and natural disaster with information on assistance.Contact the Awaaz Afghanistan hotline by calling 410
Open seven days a week | Female and male agents available | Agents speak Dari, Pashto, Urdu, English, and more.
- UNHCR Afghanistan ‘HELP’ website
The UNHCR Afghanistan ‘HELP’ website page provides information to individuals seeking information or support inside Afghanistan.